June 18, 2013 Leave a Comment
We see it quite often: clients believing that since they’ve invested in a database platform, or are in a relationship with a data provider, that they’re in good hands.
Truth is, there are no shortcuts to creating a profitable marketing lead machine. And the most critical component is not a platform or list, but proven experience and know-how. If there’s an investment to be made, start at the beginning with an unbiased, independent marketing agency partner.
Five reasons why:
- All hat and no horse. Big data suppliers have dressed themselves up as marketeers, when what they really have to offer are costly platforms and lists.
- Locked in. Instead of being able to find the right solution for your needs from an unlimited range, a “relationship” with a data provider means you’re stuck with their offering.
- Pile on. Smart client-side marketing officers and decision makers today are looking to leverage the acquisition marketing investments made by other (bigger) clients. Choosing a marketing agency partner gives clients the better solutions uncovered—and paid for—by someone else.
- Experience. Nothing replaces having thousands of marketing acquisition and lead generation programs under your belt. You’ll avoid costly mistakes and career-killer decisions by choosing a partner who’s been there already.
- Maturity. Data, lists, platforms and applications are only as good as the brains and hands to put them to good use. These pros have the keys to the Ferrari and can let you safely come along.
Direct Choice Inc. is a full-service direct marketing agency that has worked with national and regional brands in a wide variety of vertical markets. In addition to this blog, you can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn