As our DCI crew boarded the Spirit of Philadelphia for the Philly DMA Benny Awards, they knew it would be an unforgettable voyage. That’s because our very own captain, Nick Lanzi, was about to be honored as Direct Marketer of the Year for 2019!
If you know Nick, then this award is not a huge surprise. If not, here are three things you need to know about DCI’s founder and president:
- His entrepreneurial boldness has propelled DCI from a basement home office in 1995 to one of the fastest growing companies in the Greater Philadelphia Area. (Wharton Small Business Development Center and Philadelphia Media Network’s “Philly 100” Award and Philadelphia Business Journal’s “Soaring 76” Award, 2017)
- He is the embodiment of what makes the Philadelphia direct marketing scene more collaborative than competitive.
- Nick’s unique brand of unpretentious and personal leadership is admired throughout our agency and the direct marketing sphere at large.
But wait, there’s more: DCI is also proud to announce that our staff took home three “Benny” awards for the work that we do …
- Winner: Cutting Room Floor (presented but never executed) Independence Blue Cross “Power of One”
- Winner: Agency Self-Promotion Campaign “Below the Surface”
- Honorable Mention: Integrated Media Campaign B-to-B for BlueCross and BlueShield of South Carolina “Business Forward”
We’d like to thank the PDMA for recognizing our accomplishments and congratulate our fellow marketers for their stellar work and camaraderie.