With professional organizations putting conferences and meetings on hold for now, staying abreast of hot topics within your industry takes a little extra effort. Fortunately, we have some great recommendations for those of you working in the world of insurance.
- The Triple I Blog (property and casualty focus): Brought to you by the Insurance Information Institute, this blog provides professionally written articles on everything from insurance fraud to catastrophes. Whatever’s trending in the industry, you’ll find it here.
- org (for consumers and professionals): While the website is aimed at educating consumers, their blog called The Scoop focuses on providing the latest news on health insurance and health reform. Each edition has several easy-to-digest news bites covering the entire nation.
- America’s Health Insurance Plans (trade association blog): If you work for a health plan, this blog should be on your reading list. You’ll get the inside scoop on current issues and learn how your peers are solving business problems and improving services to their members.
- Insurance Business America (industry news): From breaking news stories to articles focusing on a vast array of specialties, this e-pub has something for everyone. If you want the latest news delivered to you inbox, simply sign up for their free newsletter.
- Kaiser Health News (for consumers and professionals): You’ve probably seen khn.org listed as the source for a variety of articles in the news media. They are a trustworthy e-pub for information on the latest health topics as well as investigative pieces and data that sheds light on the state of U.S. health care.
Staying in the know with these free resources is easy, good for business and good for your career. You can thank us later.